More of the house was rendered, the boarding and roof rafters of the dormer were done. When we got back, there was a start on the roofing – however the scaffolding needs to be higher for them to finish the dormer.
Lots of action today, started rendering the side and back of the rear extension, fitted the upstairs window. The original roof has been removed completely from the dormer extended bedroom, and looks spacious!
Carpenter has left for today as rain is causing too much disruption – it’ll be good when they do get inside and work isn’t dictated by the weather.
The side dormer is adding some significant space to this room, it looks huge!
I believe over the next couple of weeks, the rear exterior will be finished, windows fitted, roof finished, render done. Then they will knock through to the lounge, and come back to the upstairs once the floor is finished in the lounge.
We interrupt this blog for a small, and cute, announcement.
Water is pooling on the tarpaulin and is leaking through. Since the door was taped up, we didn’t go into this room, until we had water streaming out of the electrical sockets downstairs.
So now we’ve got a bucket under the leak, fingers crossed it doesn’t rain all night..